Galerie Rudolfinum (or Rudolfinum Gallery, since 1st January 2010 part of the Museum of Decorative Arts in Prague) is a state institution managed and financed by the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic.
Together with the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra it is set in the newly reconstructed historic building of the Prague Rudolfinum. This representative neo-renaissance edifice designed as a concert hall and a gallery was built in 1884 by J. Zítek and J. Schulz (both architects of the National Theatre building). Due to its location (in the neighbourhood of the Museum of Decorative Arts in Prague, the Faculty of Arts of Charles University in Prague between the Lesser Town and the Old Town) it is a natural cultural centre of Prague.
The Gallery came into operation on 1st January 1994 after the space had been renovated. Its primary concern is contemporary art overlapping to historically more distant periods. Its original attitude towards the work of famous and less known (and unknown) artists as well as a tendency to seek unexpected connections between artworks and artists and presenting art in a new context supplemented the existing artistic space in Prague and the whole of the Czech Republic.